Thursday, February 4, 2010

Santorini Sunset


I've been nominated as a finalist by Canon's "Explorer's of Light" panel! My image "Santorini Sunset" has been selected to be exhibited in VisArts at Rockville’s Points of Departure exhibition opening February 19, 2010 at 6:30p. Come out to see some great photography!

The photograph was made November 1, 2008 on a cliffside trail hike on the Greek Island of Santorini. My wife and I were on our honeymoon backpacking through Europe. That day we were exploring a few different areas of the island by bus, taxi, then foot. We had decided to do a sparse trail between the towns of Ia and Thira at Sunset. Naturally I didn't give us enough time and we ended up hiking back mostly in dark. But we had a good adventure, a little precarious at times, and we met up with a cool little dog we named Jack who thought we were made of food. Fortunately, he had taken the route a couple times.

D700 & 17-35mm @ 26mm, ISO:1000 - 1/80th @ f/20 and slow breathing.